Marketing Job Description can be termed as the description of any job in the Marketing field or division. A job in the marketing department is one of the most interesting jobs in the organization. A person working in this department might have most appealing jobs. Requirement of marketing professionals in an organization depends upon the number of products or services they produce. Marketing is directly connected to Sales and relates to the advertising of a particular product.
Job description is widely used tool of hiring for a well managed business. These are not only used for hiring, but also used in performance evaluation of an employee. If it is executed properly, a well-thought-out job description can bring many benefits for employer. It provides key hiring criteria, reference tool during the assessment process, and acts as a standard for performance. It also helps management to set up a minimum-maximum payment range for each position. It is a snapshot of the job. In a job description it should be written clearly and concisely what responsibilities and tasks the job requires, key qualifications for the job, and also the basic requirements.
In an organization, marketing department may consist of many diverse positions within it. The positions can be considered as marketing analyst Job, marketing manager Job, food marketing Job, entry level marketing job. To fill up this position, the company needs to write marketing job description. The marketing job description includes Education and Qualification, Skills and Specifications, Duties and Responsibilities of marketing manager.
The following characteristics are used to clarify the nature of a marketing job:
The main purpose of marketing job is to sell, so any professional in this field must have strong persuasive powers and excellent communication skills.
- He should aware of each aspect of the product or service.
- A person who has an MBA degree in marketing is the best choices for the recruiters but anyone can enter this field.
- He should be creative and intelligent.
Marketing job description depends on the level and field of business. Marketing jobs usually contain functions like marketing strategies, digital marketing, promotion, branding etc. A typical marketing job description is given as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
The main job of sales and marketing executive is to sell the product and service to customers and thus generate profit.
- He should take part in developing the marketing strategy, product placement and competitive analysis for sustaining the company contends.
- He has to contract directly with end consumers if any situation arises.
- He has to manage all promotional, marketing and advertising activities of a company.
- He has to take part in customer feedback surveys and present an annual results report.
Skills and Specifications
A sales and marketing executive needs to possess outstanding knowledge of sales, business and marketing processes.
- He has to have good spoken and written communication skills.
- He needs to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to succeed in this profession.
- He has to have influential, flexible, innovative, creative and analytic data manipulation and management skills.
Education and Qualifications
A sales and marketing executive should have a degree or diploma in marketing, business or any associated field from a qualified university.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Marketing and MBA in marketing is mostly preferred.